The stormy sea

 I had a dream you were alive.

I saw pictures of you in my mind, like an old photo rolodex.

Flipping through, you were smiling, cigar in hand...various pics with people I did not recognize.

You were happy.

We found ourselves on a small sailboat in a vast ocean, trying to get to you.

But the sea became so stormy and pushed us back to our known shore.  A person on shore is telling us "It's not time, you can't see him yet."

I saw the happy pictures again in my mind.

I know what it all meant but I am saddened and angry at the same time because I want comfort for our sons.

Why won't comfort come?

Why.

♫♫♫

The anchor holds
Though the ship is battered
The anchor holds
Though the sails are torn

I have fallen on my knees
As I faced the raging seas
The anchor holds
In spite of the storm






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6.5 years later....I still wonder about you tiny one!

She was using food stamps! Why doesn't she work? Those are MY tax dollars!

The Anniversaries of Death