Forgive Me


 10/1/2021


One month and 11 days ago, you left us.  

On death:

It brings a lot of regrets.  It makes me face the fact that I wasn't a good person.  I could have been better.  I could have been nicer.  I could do so much more.  

Maybe if I hadn't vented so much...

Maybe if I had been kinder...

Maybe if I had been a better wife...

Maybe I could have been there then and helped him before it was too late.

Called an ambulance.

Did CPR.

Something.

Death forces us to face the people we are and the people we were.

It also gives us a choice to do better. 

To be better.

To be the change.

I only hope he can forgive me.

I only hope my sons can forgive me.

I only hope Unetlanvhi (The Great Spirit/God in Cherokee) can forgive me.

I hope I can forgive myself.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6.5 years later....I still wonder about you tiny one!

She was using food stamps! Why doesn't she work? Those are MY tax dollars!

The Anniversaries of Death