The Poor Woman's Project Pinterest style!

As the kiddos get older, and I am able to put those 'feminine' touch things back out in the home, I find myself ready to do some projects as well.


I saw a cute wreath on Pinterest with a pool noodle as a base.  I thought, well what the heck, I'm going to do it Poor woman's Dollar Tree style!


I love wreaths on my front door for each season or holiday.  I haven't done it in many years, but finally in this past year I've started again.  Mainly due to my friend Demrah who reignited the spark in me!

So off to the Dollar Tree I went to get my supplies.  [I already had the tape at home.]


And the items I needed? 

Pool noodle, 2 flower bouquets, 1 spool of tulle, 1 spool of ribbon, 1 vine garland.


It was super easy to just use white duct tape, to put the two ends together and makes a nice size wreath!

Then came the ribbon and tulle.  And with the green base wreath, it actually doesn't look too bad since it's an 'earth color'.



Finally, the finished product!  Not too bad for a quick AND cheap product.  With a base like this there really is great potential and you could spend a lot of money on finer things to decorate with.  But for a first one this is perfect. 



And I have to admit, it looks kind of cute on the outside door too!  Now I can't wait to do my spring thing in the yard!  So ladies on a tight budget, get to that Dollar Tree and kick it into spring! ;)



Comments

  1. Great idea Terra!! And it looks really nice!! Good job! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Anniversaries of Death

6.5 years later....I still wonder about you tiny one!

Unconditonal Parenting